About Cycle Insurance
CycleInsurance.co.uk is a trading name of Interweb Media Ltd, who are an Appointed Representative of Eversure Limited, a specialist insurance company established in 2008.
This website aims to make getting a quote for cycle insurance and purchasing a policy a simple, straightforward process. There has been an increasing rise in the ownership of cycles in the UK over the last 10 years, with drivers now becoming increasingly aware of the impact their vehicle is having on the environment.
The cost of maintaining a cycle is so much less than running the cheapest of cars and cycling has a huge benefit to the cyclist’s health. However it is advisable to have good cycle insurance to cover not only your bike but also for any third party involved in an accident with you - both pedestrian and vehicle. There are approximately 26,000 cycle accidents reported each year and cycle theft is an ever growing threat to cyclists.
Based in Guildford, Surrey, our friendly, trained staff are on hand during normal working hours to help you with any general enqueries or by telephone or email. For quotations, specific provider or policy enquiries, please contact the relevant insurer directly.
Points to Consider when looking for insurance:
When setting out to find the right insurance policy you should consider the following:
- Where are you going to be using your bike (UK or abroad)?
- What is the value of the bike?
- What type of bike is it? E.G.
- Mountain bike
- Racing bike
- Fold up bike
- Touring bike
- Classic bike (e.g. Choppers)
- What security devices are fitted? E.G.
- Padlock and chain
- Security marking
- Microchip tracker
- Loop locks
- Armoured locks
- Intended use - is the bike to be used off road, as a daily mode of transport or for racing?
- Where is the bike to be kept - at home, at work, at school?
- Does your bike have quick release saddle and wheels fitted?
It is always recommended to pass as much information as possible to the insurance company from the start so that you do not encounter any problems when making a claim.
Factors to insure against
When choosing your cycle insurance you need to ensure that you are covered for the following:
- Theft and vandalism
- Accidental damage to the cycle
- Third party cover for pedestrians and vehicles
- Personal injury
Take a look at Our Cycle Insurers for details and an online cycle insurance quote today.