CycleInsurance.co.uk is owned and operated by Interweb Media Ltd, an Appointed Representative of Eversure Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 6751893, whose registered address is Bury House, 1-3 Bury St, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 4AW, United Kingdom. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 501311. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website https://register.fca.org.uk/ or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers as described by the Data Protection Act 1998. This policy explains how we handle personal information collected from customers of:
Interweb Media Limited
Bury House, 1-3 Bury St
Interweb Media Limited is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the processing of any personal data in connection with our services. If you have any questions relating to our use of your personal data or any other data protection questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. Interweb Media Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under registration no Z1215237.
When you browse or interact with our website we record personal information details of your visit and the product reviewed and quotations provided. We also capture personal information from phone calls, via emails and social media. This information is held for statistical and administration purposes only and is collected in a way which does not identify you and will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it has been provided and it will not be added to a mailing list or used or disclosed for any other purpose without the your consent.
The data collected includes:
- your IP (Internet Protocol) address;
- the pages you access and any documents downloaded from our website;
- where applicable and available, the previous website you visited and the search query you used to reach our website;
- the type of browser being used;
- the type of operating system being used.
We may collect and store personal information that you choose to give us via online forms, by telephone or by email. For example if you:
- request to join one of our email lists
- request to join a discussion forum
- subscribe to one of our newsletters
- participate in an online survey / opinion poll
By submitting your personal information, you agree that when necessary we may disclose your information to our insurance providers and their agents and service providers, some of which may be located outside the European Economic Area in countries providing less protection for personal data than the UK.
As part of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we provide you with the following rights:
- Right to be informed – we will be transparent and keep you informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- Right of access – you have the right to request personal and supplementary information we hold about you, using the contact details below.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to rectify inaccurate personal data we hold about you, or complete any data that is incomplete using the contact details below.
- Right to erasure – the right to request the deletion of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, with a response to be issued within 30 days.
- Right to restrict processing - you have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. When processing is restricted, we are permitted to store your personal data but not to conduct further processing.
- Right to portability – your right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- Right to object - processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling - You have the right not to have automated decisions about you solely through automated processes. The GDPR ensures safeguards for you as an individual against risks that can potentially damage a decision taken without any human intervention.
If you want to invoke any of these rights please contact us:
By Post: Bury House, 1-3 Bury Street, Guildford, Surrey GU2 4AW
By Email: Email Form
By Telephone: 01483 347 333
Any personal information provided to us will be stored on password protected databases. Calls may be recorded for training and security purposes and any recordings will be stored on password protected databases.
Staff members associated with the maintenance of this website will have access to administration files and databases which are password protected. Our website server, hosted by our internet service provider, is also password protected.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Whilst we take every reasonable precaution to keep your personal information secure, you should be aware that any communications over the internet, such as e-mails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Any personal information submitted to us may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Any personal data that is collected by us which is not stored electronically will be either immediately destroyed after use, or stored in a secure location protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When relevant we may use your contact information to send out promotional material relating to our products and to send out information about our company. We may also use your email address to contact you on the same date each year to offer a new quotation, based on the information that you have already submitted to us. We may also occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to this website, new services and special offers by mail, telephone, SMS, or email to provide information that we think you will find valuable. You may opt-out of receiving future notifications by emailing us, or sending a message on our Contact Us form. Occasionally, we may also allow other very carefully selected companies to offer related products or services to you by mail, telephone, SMS, or email. If you do not wish to receive information of this kind you can opt-out of marketing when completing a purchase, by sending us an email, or via our Contact Us page.
We may share any personal information supplied to us if any of the following applies:
- if required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Office of Fair Trading or any other applicable quasi-governmental law enforcement organisation or quasi-autonomous non-governmental law enforcement organisation; and/or
- if required or permitted to do so by a law enforcement agency; and/or
- if required in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health
We exchange information with other approved organisations, such as insurance providers, for underwriting, claims and fraud prevention purposes. Your insurance provider may also need to share your information for the administration and management of your policy. In addition, in the course of using information in normal business practices such as data backup, banking and professional advisers, we may disclose information to other parties where this is required or permitted by law and by any relevant data protection legislation.
Insurance providers may exchange information through a number of different databases. This exchange of information enables the insurers to validate the information you provide, both about yourself and any other named person within the application, and aims to reduce insurance fraud.
We will maintain and update personal information collected from our websites as necessary or when we are advised by users that their personal information has changed. In order to comply with data protection legislation, it is our policy to only deal with the person named on our database. Unless you instruct us otherwise, we will not deal with any other party, other than in extreme and exceptional circumstances.
A full copy of all of the data that we hold about you in our database can be obtained by you but you must make the request in writing to: The Data Protection Officer, Interweb Media Limited, Bury House, 1-3 Bury St, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 4AW, United Kingdom. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for providing this service.
'Cookies' are small pieces of data that a web server can store on and later retrieve from your computer. Our websites store temporary and persistent cookies, which will either remain stored on your computer (until such time as they expire or they are deleted) or will be deleted when the browser window is closed. More information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may also allow very carefully selected third parties to place cookies when you visit our site. Third party cookies may be left by these selected companies who participate with us in marketing programmes. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click.
The cookies used on our websites are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories, being either strictly necessary, performance, functionality or targeting:
'Strictly Necessary' cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas, quotation forms and online purchasing. These cookies don't gather any personal information that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
'Performance' cookies collect information about how you use the website, such as the pages you visit and any errors. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you, the information collected is anonymous and is used to help improve website layout and functionality, understand which parts of the website our customers find the most useful and improve the overall effectiveness of our websites.
Using our site indicates that you accept the use of 'Strictly Necessary' and 'Performance' cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
If you wish to block Google Analytics cookies, Google offers an opt-out browser add-on for most modern web browsers.
Alternatively, cookies can be disabled directly within your browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari etc.)
For popular browers, further information can be obtained via the following links: